Introduction to powerboating – RYA Powerboat Level 1
Want to dip your toe in the powerboating water, or need to feel more capable when going out with the family?
This one day experience course will give you the chance to handle a boat and learn the sorts of things you need to know to be useful on board.
Things like tying up to a buoy and onto a mooring pontoon. How to handle ropes and tie the simple knots needed. How to assist with launching and recovery, and best of all, get real handling experience at the wheel in harbour and flying along at sea!
Price - £185.00
After the course
You with be able to handle a powerboat under supervision
1. Assisting in launch and recovery
2. Preparing boat and crew to go to sea
3. Basic boat handling at low and high speeds
4. Mooring to a buoy and alongside a pontoon
5. Basic Buoyage and rules of the road
Previous experience required: None
Minimum age: 8. Candidates under the age of 16 will be issued with an endorsed certificate.
Duration: One day